Hi Digitals Friends! I’m thrilled to be the Featured Designer from May 11-24! I’ve been selling my digital designs at Digitals for seven years now and I’ve gotten to know so many wonderful people whom I consider friends! I want to let you know a little about me!
1. Do you keep a wishlist? If so, what is your MOST WANTED item at the moment? Pinterest is my wishlist! My most wanted item right now would be a really cool bed for my daughter’s fairy room that we are designing. I’ve been gathering ideas on Pinterest but haven’t come up with the perfect bed yet!
2. What is your designing routine, i.e. do you get a snack, put on music, get organized and then work on a kit until its finished or do you pop in and out as time allows? I usually sneak into my work room when no one is looking. If I announce it, suddenly everyone needs me! I’ll usually grab a snack and a drink so I don’t have to leave for anything! I try to sneak in some time during the day if I have some time off work, otherwise, I have to wait for the weekend.
3. When you scrap, do you use your own products? Yes, but I also use favorite designer products. Because my time is limited, if I need a specific kit for an album I’m doing, I will search for that specific kit.
I love to use Glenda Ketcham’s “Most Wonderful Place” series. We try to go to Disneyland each year and this kit is perfect for that!
I also love P’tite Studio Katia’s designs. She has this gorgeous set of stamps that I’ve been eyeing! “Odysee de Coleurs Nature Stamps”
4. What is your all-time favorite product OR what is your best selling product(s)? I have a few all-time favorites (that also happen to be my best sellers too!) I love Millcreek Canyon, America the Beautiful, Les Jardins du Manior, Superstitious, Wild Mood Swings and I is for Imagination!
5. What are your reasons or motivations for digital scrapbooking? I love family history and genealogy and this is a natural extension of those. It’s such a great way to record your family memories. Plus, it’s not messy!
6. What is the best food you ever ate? Describe. In Chicago, I had the most amazing chocolate lava cake–it melted in my mouth! In San Diego it was scallops, and in England I had to-die-for fish and chips! Yum!
7. Where is your “happy place?” The beach, specifically Mexico Beach, Florida, but I’ll take any beach really!
8. If you won the lottery, how would you spend the winnings? After paying off bills and setting aside money for travel, I would start a charitable foundation benefitting women, children, refugees and victims of sexual violence.
9. If you could meet anyone, dead or alive, who would you chose and what would you want to talk about? I would love to have time with my infant daughter that we lost 22 years ago. I would also love to meet Martin Luther King, Junior and talk to him about changing the world.
10. What else should we know about you? I am passionate, funny, generous to a fault, and crazy busy!
I hope you enjoy my newest kit “Couture Add On” made especially for the Featured Designer Daily Download. Look for coordinating products too!
I love these layouts my friends made with Couture Add On.
If you love fonts as much as I do then hurry and join in with our Digitals monthly Font Festival for April. Find some new fonts as well as old favorites.
Kit Used: Botanique from P’tit Studio Katia
Choose at least 2 of the fonts for your layout and post it in the Font Challenge Gallery. Link us up in the challenge thread and receive a mini kit which is part of the Digitals collab kit Men In Our Lives.
Don’t forget to join us next month for a new batch of fonts and why not try some of the other challenges?
I have some sweet sales in my Digital store for you to help celebrate Valentine’s Day this weekend!
Everything is 40% off!!!
This is my new Collection called Always and Forever and the bundle is only $ 6!!!
Available in my store at Digitals!
I have some new products in store co-ordinating with the January CAKE sale. Called the Little Nut Tree after the song/nursery rhyme, simply to celebrate beauty, the unusual and rare. There are 2 paper packs with gorgeous textures and soft pretty patterns and an arty set of papers that are ideal for art journaling or just as stand alone backgrounds for photos.
There is a pack of journal bits with 4 journal cards and 2 tags to jot down your thoughts and details for your projects.
Two packs of original embellishments complete the products which you can mix and match with any of the other CAKE products and build your own kit.
You can see a layout I did using some of these products here
I also have a set of Chalk Board Journal Cards in store. Ideal to add to your digi stash and for using in hybrid projects as novel cards or invites.
For those of you who don’t have the time to join in with the fun monthly challenges at Digitals, you can benefit from my hard drive clearout! I have 5 bundles of bonus challenge kits for only $2 or $3. These bundles contain 4 products previously offered as prizes for completing the challenges or offered as a freebie. Great for trying my products or having some new goodies to add to your digi stash for a few $. Here are a few of them;
You can find all my products here and don’t forget my products come with a friendly Scrap For Others license.
Thanks for looking and have a great weekend.
New in my store @ Digitals and now 40% off!!! Merry Christmas!
Thank you for reading this post.
Warmest Wishes for the Holidays!
Hey, everyone. I’m happy to be the Digitals Featured Designer from December 22, 2012 to January 4, 2013. My store will be 30% off during that time. And . . . you will receive the following kit, a few pieces each day during the two weeks I’m the Featured Designer.
1. Do you keep a wishlist? If so, what is your MOST WANTED item at the moment?
ANSWER: Digital scrapbooking wishlist: I don’t really keep an ongoing wishlist. I usually buy for the current layouts I’m working on if I don’t have something of my own to use. Material things wishlist: I’d love to have a big open room added onto our small house. Our growing family barely fits in our living room/dining room any more when we get together at our house. It’s not going to happen, but it’s a fun thing to think about. Spiritual wishlist: to get deeper into God’s Word.
2. What is your designing routine, i.e. do you get a snack, put on music, get organized and then work on a kit until its finished or do you pop in and out as time allows?
ANSWER: I thought when I retired from my day job, I would keep a designing/scrapping routine. But, I’m sad to say I have not followed through on that hope. I’m more sporadic in my designing now than when I was working full-time. I design when the inspiration hits and work as hard and often as possible until the inspiration fades. I try not to snack when I design. Rather I get up from the computer and eat/snack. I had a bad habit when I worked that I’d snack almost all the time, so I’m trying to break that habit.
3. When you scrap, do you use your own products?
ANSWER: I use a lot of my own products. Very often when I design a kit, I have certain photos in mind. So, I use that kit for those photos. But, I do enjoy using kits from other designers.
4. What is your all-time favorite product OR what is your best selling product(s)?
ANSWER: I think my favorite kit of my own designs is A Study in Yellow and Grey: Sunshine and Shadows. Those items were created for one of our CAKE (create a kit event) with all designers using the same color palette. When I first saw the color swatch I didn’t think I could come up with anything . . . how could I design something with only two main colors and how would anyone use it. LOL. But, once I got into designing, it was hard to stop. The possibilities were almost limitless! I find myself going back often to use that kit for my layouts. I love the neutral grays and blacks. And it’s really surprising how often the yellow color fits in as a spot color. My best selling kits are The Most Wonderful Place on Earth series. My series From the Attic is also a good seller. The daily giveaway for my featured designer spot is from a new kit in that series.
5. What are your reasons or motivations for digital scrapbooking?
ANSWER: I mainly scrap photos of my family (children and grandchildren). I want to preserve memories for them. In years to come hopefully they will know how much they were loved and cherished. Since I started as a paper scrapper, my digital layouts reflect that. Most of them are pretty simple, with the focus on the photo(s) and journaling.
6. What is the best food you ever ate? Describe.
ANSWER: I don’t really have a most favorite food or place to eat. Right now I love the Wild West Shrimp at Longhorn Steakhouse . . . that and a side salad . . . yum! Next week my favorite might be something else at a different place. My fave food is never anything I make myself. LOL.
7. Where is your “happy place?”
ANSWER: At my computer is probably my “solitary happy place.” Most often wherever my family is (all together or separately) is a happy place.
8. If you won the lottery, how would you spend the winnings?
ANSWER: Well, if we won the lottery I wouldn’t need that additional room on my current house I mentioned in question 1. LOL. We’d have whole new house with that huge family room built in. My husband would be able to go buy the biggest “bestest” truck he wants. Of course, the kids and grandkids would benefit. I’d pay off all their mortgages and add to the grandkids’ college funds. I’d make a large anonymous donation to the church building fund. I think it would be fun to be able to help others, not because they ask, but because they deserve.
9. If you could meet anyone, dead or alive, who would you choose and what would you want to talk about?
ANSWER: I would like to meet my paternal grandfather who died before I was born. I’d love to ask him about his parents and/or grandparents who came over from Scotland. There have been stories passed down, but by now we don’t know what is true and what has been embellished upon.
10. What else should we know about you?
ANSWER: As long as I’ve been at Digitals (seven years), there’s probably not anything more to tell that anyone really wants to know. LOL.
Thank you for reading this far . . . This is the perfect opportunity to thank those of you who have been participants in the scripture challenge and to those who ever purchased any of my products. In this day’s economy and with the great number of digital designers/stores, I (and everyone at Digitals) appreciate your business and friendship.
Digitals CAKE (Create A Kit Event) gives you the freedom to create your own custom mega kit from your choice of coordinating sets on sale for just $1.50 each, Dec. 15-18.
Choose from packs of papers, elements, clusters, frames, word art and more in all styles for winter, Christmas and general use. Don’t miss it before these sets go back to full price!
5 fullsize Christmaskits for $5!!! Holidaybundle II available in my store at: