Featured Designer ~ Kathryn Estry
Hi, Friends! I’m so excited to be Digitals’ Featured Designer and happy to share a few things about myself. I’m a wife, mother, and a Nana, and just this past week after living in the same home for 23 years, I moved to Fort Worth! I retired from a lifetime of teaching this spring, and my dream for so long has been to be closer to my kids and grandkids. So, Robert and I and our sweet little kitty, Amber, packed up everything in our home in Houston and are now settling in and exploring Fort Worth. What fun it is, too, because my daughter, Brandi, lives here with her husband, Ryan, and 3-year-old Lincoln, and my son and daughter-in-law, Tommy and Audra, are only an hour away in Frisco, north of Dallas. They have 2-year-old Jack and 3-month-old Olivia, and we’re in Nana and Papa heaven! So here’s my then and now. Yay!
I used my Cute Stuff with Daisies 2 for these pages.
Now that I’m retired and all moved, I can totally get some great designing time in, so look out! This is my 7th year to be a digital designer, and I’ve been here at Digitals almost all of that time. I love to design “from cute to gorgeous,” and you can find both of these styles in my Digitals store! I went to the cute side for the Daily Download kit, and Itty Bitty Baby Buggies is dedicated to little Olivia.
My entire Digitals store is on sale for 40% off during my Featured Designer time, and this includes my CU products and all kits, bundles, and printables. Visit my store HERE.
1. Do you keep a wishlist? If so, what is your MOST WANTED item at the moment? As this is an exciting new start and a new home for us, yes, I have a wish list ~ bar stools, a pretty rug for the living room, a king size bed (eventually), and maybe a sewing cabinet.
2. What is your designing routine, i.e. do you get a snack, put on music, get organized and then work on a kit until it’s finished or do you pop in and out as time allows? I’m finally having time during the day to design. I like to watch some of my favorite TV shows while I’m working, and I often have a homemade cherry snowcone with me. I’m loving retirement!
3. When you scrap, do you use your own products? I usually do use my own designs, but I have several really cute sets from other designers that I like to use for my grandkids’ pages.
4. What is your all-time favorite product OR what is your best selling product(s)? I change my mind often as to my favorite product. I have so much fun making my cute kits with characters like Octavia’s Playground and I also love my more elegant kits, such as Glimmer. I’d probably choose my 50s kits, Ponytails and Sunset Strip, as my all-time favorites.
5. What are your reasons or motivations for digital scrapbooking? I’ve always felt creative, and I’m the happiest when I’m coming up with something on my own. I don’t like to cook, and I’m not good at gardening, but I get my creativity out in art. I just love digital designing, and it’s thrilling to see a kit come together and to see layouts with my designs.
6. What is the best food you ever ate? Describe. That’s easy. Every year on my birthday, Robert takes me out Outback for their baby back ribs. They’re so tender! I love their bloomin’ onion, too, but we get that by itself because it’s a meal in itself.
7. Where is your “happy place?” I’m definitely a homebody, and I love having my family here.
8. If you won the lottery, how would you spend the winnings? I would put aside enough for my grandkids’ education, support a women’s center in Fort Worth that does amazing work, and travel around meeting a lot of my online friends. I’d also love to take Robert on a trip around the world, with a stop at his all-time favorite place, Disney World.
9. If you could meet anyone, dead or alive, who would you chose and what would you want to talk about? I’d like to meet Albert Einstein and Leonardo DaVinci. I’ve studied the lives and wonders of these two great individuals, and what conversations we’d have!
10. What else should we know about you? I love to dance! Robert and I ballroom dance once a week, and have been square dancing since 1985. It might sound boring, but it’s ultimate fun and great exercise. I love the choreography and the speed, and it surely beats the gym. It’s also a lot harder than most people think with hundreds of steps to memorize.
Make sure to stop by my Digitals store every day between August 4 – 17 to collect pieces of this cute baby kit, Itty Bitty Baby Buggies. If you miss any of the daily downloads, you can purchase this kit in my store on sale. Watch also for new products to show up throughout these two weeks, and remember that you can get all of my designs for 40% off.
Thanks for taking the time to read about me and for enjoying my digital designs!
Since 2004, Digitals has been your digital scrapbook home and superstore. Sign up for our newsletter to receive a welcome gift.