1. Do you keep a wishlist? If so, what is your MOST WANTED item at the moment? I don’t keep an official wish list anymore but I’ve been eyeing this cute owl kit, Yoo Hoo 2, by Tammy DeYoung ever since it was released in March! I need to just go ahead and buy it already!
2. What is your designing routine, i.e. do you get a snack, put on music, get organized and then work on a kit until its finished or do you pop in and out as time allows? I very rarely get any focused designing time so instead I have a few ways to keep me focused and help me remember my plan whenever I do have a chance to work for a few minutes. First I make a list of ideas for elements and paper patterns, then a color swatch (which sometimes changes a bit as I make the pieces). Then I’ll copy over any resource files, like photos to extract pieces from, inspiration photos and pattern tiles or elements from my previous kits to adjust for the new kits, and any commercial pieces that I plan to use. This way I can get to work quickly whenever I find time. In the background I’ll hear kid’s shows or maybe HGTV if it’s late at night.
3. When you scrap, do you use you’re own products?I don’t scrap nearly as often as I intend to, but when I do generally use my own kits. Most of my kits are made with a specific photo or event in mind.
4. What is your all-time favorite product OR what is your best selling product(s)? I don’t think I can pick a favorite! My best selling product is my It’s Puzzling Frames & Clipping Masks.
5. What are your reasons or motivations for digital scrapbooking? I first started digital scrapbooking about 7 years ago, with the plan to make my first-born’s baby book finished before my second daughter arrived. I don’t have the best memory, so I want to record those special moments and the stories behind the photos before I forget!
6. What is the best food you ever ate? Describe. I’m pretty sure I could eat chicken tacos every single day! Soft tortillas, chili-spiced shredded chicken, pepper jack and cheddar cheese and lettuce. Yum!
7. Where is your “happy place?” Sitting on the couch with a kiddie snuggled up beside (or on) me.
8. If you won the lottery, how would you spend the winnings? Pay off bills, help family, take a special trip, and save for kids’ college tuition, and donate to several causes like food allergy research.
9. If you could meet anyone, dead or alive, who would you chose and what would you want to talk about? It would be so neat to meet some ancestors! I started doing some genealogy research recently for my older daughter’s school project, and we found out so many interesting facts! I would love to hear some of those stories right from the source.
10. What else should we know about you? I’m married and mom to 3 kids. I usually sneak in a few minutes of computer time while allergy friendly foods are baking. I spend most my time chasing a rambunctious little boy, spending time with my girls, baking, cooking or at the sewing machine with someone on my lap.